BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 24, 2009

my yayi

the smile lines and wrinkles on your face
remind me of hardship and happiness
of our talk and your guidance
of all the laughter and hugs
you said to me today
that u hope to live to the day
i graduate
today u gave me sound advice
of which i will make a reality
tho at the end it is all Allahs will

his honest eyes of love
who whispered and sang to me
as he held me in his arms
when i was a baby
and he a proud grandfather
in what we call the circle of life

i want u to hold my first child
later in life
i want u to be at my graduation ceremony
so that i can proudly say
this is the man who taught me BM
this is the man who hugs me when i meet him
this is the man who i hold my greatest respect
this is the man who is proud to be javanese

and this is the man i call
my yayi

1 comments:

Unknown said...

nice poem hannan